Sunday, July 15, 2012

spices, stares, and Bollywood (aimee)

Hey y'all! Namaste! I made it to New Delhi safely. I am currently watching MTV in my hotel room...its much better than American MTV. I had forgotten how this country smells...spicy. So many things are familiar from the last time I was here, like the smells and the noise, but its still overwhelming. Its been my dream to live here for so long, and now that I'm here its scary. Extreme feelings have replaced my once calm demeanor - fear, excitement, curiosity, sadness, joy...I heard somewhere recently that India is an "assault on the senses" and that is a good way to put it. My pathetic American body isn't quite ready for all of this, but I guess it takes time to adjust. I'm also getting used to how people stare at me here. I guess they don't see many green-eyed, blonde haired girls around these parts.
For now, I'm spending my time exploring the streets surrounding my hotel, reading Them Bones (a book my mom suggested to me, one that True's mom suggested to her...TRUE: you should read it, I'm loving it so far), watching MTV, and enjoying the simple pleasure of a soft bed and air conditioning.

-- Aimee 

No comments:

Post a Comment